Advertisement

Pony Play hooves

topic posted Mon, February 7, 2011 - 10:47 AM by  Chris
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are getting interested in pony play, and we want to buy some horse hooves. Google searches return few results, and they're usually very expensive. We were wondering if anyone here knew of any websites that made or sold anything like this for a few hundred pound (GBP) or less?

Thanks,

Chris
posted by:
Chris
Advertisement
  • I suggest a DIY approach while you decide on your commitment to pony play.
    A hoof can be made to look like a reasonable attempt using any black stiff but flexible material, rubber sheet being ideal but canvas is just as good.
    Cut out and arc but leaving two ears to go up either side of the ankle. By overbinding with white bandage like the show jumpers use this is adequate for general training and with a bit of remaking will satisfy most pony clubs.
    General harness and bridle can be made the same way. Try old clothing belts. A small battery drill will make the extra holes you need so the buckles work right, and a fine drill will allow to to stitch through leather with some thread rather than cotton.
    If you have a Yacht Chandlers near you you might find a 'Sail Repair Kit' useful. The sailors use a leather palm pad to press the needle through heavier materials but you will find drilling much easier.
    Don't expect good results first time. Getting the fit right will give you enough practice to get the look right.
    Good Luck.

Recent topics in "Ponyplay"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Ponyboys look here if you have no trainer and want a awesome one! Lola 7 July 20, 2014
Looking for a trainer willow 0 September 28, 2013
modifide ponyboy Unsubscribed 1 October 28, 2012
Try before you buy? :) Gaz 0 May 20, 2012